Radon is an odorless, tasteless, naturally occurring radioactive gas estimated to be the cause of thousands of deaths in the United States each year. Radon is produced during the natural decay of uranium in soil, rock and water. When you breathe air in your home, office or school containing radon, over time, you are at risk of developing lung cancer. The Surgeon General has warned that radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the United States. Your chances of getting lung cancer from radon depend mostly on:

  • The concentration of radon is in your home;
  • The length of time you spend in your home;
  • The amount and length of time you have smoked.

The only way to know if there is a radon problem in your home is to test.

More information about radon