Radon is an odorless, tasteless, naturally occurring radioactive gas estimated to be the cause of thousands of deaths in the United States each year. Radon is produced during the natural decay of uranium in soil, rock and water. When you breathe air in your home, office or school containing radon, over time, you are at risk of developing lung cancer. The Surgeon General has warned that radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the United States. Your chances of getting lung cancer from radon depend mostly on:

  • How much radon is in your home;
  • The amount of time you spend in your home;
  • Whether you are a smoker or have ever smoked.

The only way to know if there is a radon problem in your home is to test.


When you would like to test your home for radon, using Radon Testing Kit, which normally includes the lab analyses, is handy. There is a great variety of kits available, but before you purchase one, read the consumer report on those kits.




Please feel free to call 564-5431 to discuss options.